|Print this story||Permalink|
Arrest in machete murder
Police have arrested a 38-year-old man in connection with a bloody machete murder that took place back on Oct. 18, 2009.
Detectives from the 67th Precinct apprehended Richard Ragbeer on May 11 in connection with the killing, which occurred on Avenue D between East 51st Street and Utica Avenue.
Officials alleged that Ragbeer, suspect Bryan Wright and a third unapprehended male jumped two men following an argument at 5:50 am.
The trio allegedly beat and stabbed both men in the neck with the machete, but only one died.
The survivor was able to identify Ragbeer as one of the suspects, said police, who charged the him with murder in the second degree, attempted murder and criminal possession of a weapon.
More machete madness
Two men were arrested on May 16 after one threatened the other with a machete, cops in East Flatbush alleged.
Harry Volney, 42, was taken into custody after it was alleged that he charged at 17-year-old Tyre Wright with the weapon during a spat inside an Erasmus Street address between Rogers and Nostrand Avenues at 9:30 pm, said a Kings County District Attorney spokesman.
Wright was also arrested once police arrived. Volney told them that the younger man had allegedly struck him in the head with a chair.
Wright was charged with assault in the third degree. In turn, Volney was hit with menacing and criminal possession of a weapon charges, police said.
It was unclear what the two men were arguing about.
Trail of tears
A 20-year-old hooligan allegedly responsible for robbing a Chinese food deliveryman was arrested on May 13 as cops literally followed a trail of rice he left in his wake.
Prosecutors allege that Peter Antoine and several others jumped the deliveryman on Linden Boulevard near Bedford Avenue at 1:40 pm.
After beating the victim, the suspects allegedly grabbed the food from his hands and dashed into a nearby building.
Responding officers followed the trail of rice spilled at the scene into the building and up to the fourth-floor hallway where they found Antoine, later identified as one of the alleged muggers.
Cops charged Antoine with robbery and assault. His accomplices were still at large as this paper went to press.
Stoned and shattered
A man was pelted with rocks and thrown through a storefront window during a furious exchange on Bedford Avenue.
The victim told police that he was nearing Clarkson Avenue at 3:35 pm on May 14 when 19-year-old Shaun Dawkins allegedly began chucking rocks at him.
When he ran out of rocks, Dawkins punched the man and forced him through the window, police alleged.
The victim suffered some cuts and bruises.
Dawkins was taken into custody the next day, charged with assault in the third degree and criminal mischief.
A 23-year-old was arrested earlier this week when cops saw him allegedly operating two stolen cars on two separate dates.
Prosecutors allege that Joshua Paulicelli was seen driving a 1995 Honda on East 15th Street between Avenues H and I back on May 4.
The vehicle was obviously stolen, witnesses said, explaining that the steering column had been broken, the ignition had been ripped out and a back window had been broken.
Cops were preparing to arrest Paulicelli when he was allegedly spotted in a second stolen car at the corner of Avenue H and East 15th Street on May 13.
Police said this time he was seen in a 1996 Honda with a broken steering column.
When Paulicelli was taken into custody on criminal possession of stolen property charges, cops learned that the first car he was allegedly seen in was reported stolen back on March 4. The second vehicle had been reported stolen on May 11, police said.
Cops are continuing their search for the gunman who killed a 30-year-old man during an April 28 shooting on Foster Avenue.
Officials said that Corey Lashley, a resident of Westminster Road, was found shot in the torso between East 24th Street and Bedford Avenue at 3:30 pm. He later died of his wounds at Kings County Hospital.
The search for the gunman, as well as a motive, is ongoing.
Cops are asking anyone with information regarding this incident to call the NYPD CrimeStoppers hotline at (800) 577-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.
Wipe out graffiti
As the ongoing war against graffiti vandalism continues, cops are now offering a $500 reward to anyone with information that can lead them to graffiti vandals.
The hefty reward is part of the city’s new push to rid New York of graffiti, which is one of the leading quality of life complaints brought to police.
Officials said that cleaning up graffiti is essential to the plan, to show that the community is no longer going to tolerate marred and tagged-up walls and street corners.
According to police, there is a perception that if a community will tolerate graffiti, they will tolerate other criminal activities, such as drug dealing and prostitution.
Anyone with information about graffiti vandalism in their neighborhood is urged to contact either 311 or 911.
©2010 Community Newspaper Group
|Print this story||Permalink|
By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:
You agree that you, and not BrooklynDaily.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to BrooklynDaily.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.