|Print this story||Permalink|
Thieves must not have read Consumer Reports’ negative review of the iPhone, as at least two more were stolen this week:
• One incident occurred at Flatbush Avenue on Sept. 10. The victim told cops that he was near Park Place just before 11 pm when the robber grabbed the expensive phone from his right hand and fled.
• A teenager stole an iPhone from a woman who was waiting for the R train at the Union Street station on Sept. 8. The victim told cops that the quick bandit grabbed the gadget from her hand at around 9:18 pm.
Rent & rob
At least one man will think twice before renting his car from Enterprise, as a Union Street resident said his pricey Canon camera was stolen at the Third Avenue facility on Aug. 30.
The victim told cops that he forgot to take his photography equipment out of the rental car before he returned it. And when he went back to the shop, which is between Eighth and Ninth streets, the staff told him that they didn’t have his camera and didn’t see anyone take it.
Say, don’t spray
Some high-strung guy sprayed a man in the eyes with an unidentified liquid on Third Avenue on Sept. 10.
The victim told cops that he was minding his own business between Douglass and Butler streets at around 9:30 pm when a man approached and started an argument. The fight escalated, and the man sprayed a toxic substance into the victim’s eyes.
The perp fled and the victim was treated and released at Methodist Hospital.
There was crazy car mayhem all week. Here’s a roundup:
• Two cars were broken into on the quiet stretch of Flatbush Avenue near the Prospect Park Zoo. In the first case, a thief took a navigation system and wallet from inside a Honda parked between Empire Boulevard and Grand Army Plaza on Sept. 10. The victim told cops that he parked his car at 1:30 pm and returned a half hour later.
One day earlier, a thief snatched a pair of glasses and a laser measuring tool from a 2007 BMW. The robber broke the rear window sometime between 12:30 pm and 2:20 pm.
• A 1994 Plymouth Acclaim was stolen from 12th Street overnight on Sept. 1. The victim told cops that she parked her shabby sedan between Prospect Park West and Eighth Avenue at 10 pm and it was gone by 7:30 the next morning.
• Someone jacked a 2010 Toyota Camry from 12th Street on Sept. 8. The victim told cops that she parked her brand new whip between Seventh and Eighth avenues at 5 am and returned an hour later to find only broken glass.
• A 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix parked at the corner of Prospect Park West and Eighth Street was swiped on Sept. 6. Cops said that the car was stolen at around 2 pm. • A 2000 Volkswagen Jetta was taken from Fifth Avenue sometime between Sept. 5 and Sept. 7. The victim told cops that he left his ride at the spot between Eighth and Ninth streets for three days.
— Alex Rush
©2010 Community Newspaper Group
|Print this story||Permalink|
By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:
You agree that you, and not BrooklynDaily.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to BrooklynDaily.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.