Sed fugit interea fugit irreparabile tempus…
“But it flees in the meantime: time flees irretrievably.”
This old world has turned round the sun one more time and here we are again. My time to wish you all the time to do all those things that you never have the time to do, and offer a few of my thanks and wishes.
Top-10 list of things to be grateful for:
• Harold Camping was wrong, wrong and then wrong again.
• Osama bin Laden sleeps with the fishes.
• Moammar Khadafy sleeps with the fishes.
• Mayor Bloomberg cleaned up Zuccotti Park.
• It’s Mayor Bloomberg’s last term (we hope).
• The troops are coming home.
• My basement is dry.
• My roof is fixed.
• My family is healthy.
• I am part of the 99 percent that still has a job.
• May you never lose hope that you’ve run out of time and may you always have time left to say goodbye.
• May you always have the ability to laugh at yourself and have your tongue firmly planted in your cheek.
• May you always have the time you need, the time to appreciate the small things and the time to live through the big things.
• May your turkey be juicy, your gravy not lumpy, your sides plentiful and only split with laughter, and, most important, may you always have the time to savor your hellos.
Thanks to those who read my words, whether you agree or don’t doesn’t matter, because without you, there wouldn’t be a Not for Nuthin.
Not for Nuthin™, but have a Happy Thanksgiving.
©2011 Community News Group
By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:
You agree that you, and not BrooklynDaily.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to BrooklynDaily.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.