Courier Life’s

Stan unloads on gun haters

Get our stories in your inbox, free.

Like Brooklyn Daily on Facebook.

There are those in the United States that want to see all guns banned. Not just the big ones that hold large clips of ammunition. There are really folks that want all guns, including handguns, outlawed. Do you believe that?

Of course you do.

Chicken Underwear from Park Slope asked me on BrooklynDaily.com “Who is shouting, ‘Get rid of all guns?’ ” Before waiting for a response he answered the question himself, “Nobody!” He asked it again and this time he resorted to low-level name calling. Ok, Mr. Underwear. Obviously you don’t believe that there are folks in this nation that want to see all guns banned. In the interest of space here are just a few.

Mayor Ed Koch, who died last week, was one of my favorite entertainers. In an interview on ABC radio Mr. Koch said, “I don’t believe that our society should have guns. I don’t believe we should have millions of guns out there in the hands of people who are not part of law enforcement.”

The Gallup people asked if there should be a law that would ban the possession of handguns except by those in law enforcement. Twenty-four percent shouted “Make the law!”

Escapist Magazine ran two polls regarding gun control. One of them asked readers if they would “Ban all types of guns.” As of this writing, 14 percent of those who responded made that choice. I found it interesting to note that another choice was “Ban all types of weapons.”

An article in the Santa Maria Times opened with the following line: “We must outlaw guns, period.”

There are photos of “Ban all guns” signs on the internet. My favorite is the sign in front of a home that reads, “My next door neighbor wants to ban all guns. Their house is not armed. Out of respect for their opinions, I promise not to use my guns to protect them.

I can go on and on, but I’ll simply close out this section of answers to your question with two words: Piers Morgan. Need I say more?

The question “How many believe that our government will eventually ban handguns?” is out there and was the topic of discussion in my living room. My dear friend Courtney stated that the government will never take our handguns away. Courtney, I wish I was as sure as you, but I’m not, and right now there are several hundred thousand Americans that are in my corner.

I took a ride over to my favorite gun shop and witnessed so many customers that, in order to be served, it was necessary to take a number like one does in the bakery. On the shelves there were loads of empty spaces where, just a short time ago, countless firearms were on display.

I visited my favorite Outdoor World and not only were there very few 22-mm and 9-mm pistols left, there was no ammo. Not a single 22 or 9 in the entire store. Only about six dozen boxes of .38s remained, and the customers were gobbling those up.

I am certain that, by the close of business that day, the .38s would be gone as well.

I am StanGershbein@Bellsouth.net wondering if President Obama realizes that his executive orders just put another million guns in American homes.

Read Stan Gershbein's column every Monday on BrooklynDaily.com.

Get our stories in your inbox, free.

Like Brooklyn Daily on Facebook.

Chicken Underwear from Park Slope says:
It would also be really nice if you were to provide links in your "article" to your sources. I can't seem to find the poll that Escapist Magazine took. I would like to see their methodology. It is a magazine for video game enthusiasts.
Feb. 5, 2013, 6:28 am
Chicken Underwear from Park Slope says:
and a photos of "Ban all guns" sign on the internet means as much as a photo of a sign that says "guns for everyone".

NOTHING.
Feb. 5, 2013, 6:52 am
Chicken Underwear from Park Slope says:
and the gun industry (with it's puppet, the NRA) are making a lot of money convincing some people that "our government will eventually ban handguns".

Hence your observations at your favorite Outdoor World.
Feb. 5, 2013, 7 am
BK Jimmy says:
If seeing other people's random concerns on the internet causes you this much alarm, then you, my friend, are not ready for the internet.

Indeed, there are people who want to ban all guns.

There are also people who want to ban all forms of contraception, but I, for one, am not running to CVS to stock up on condoms and sponges, or building a bunker in my basement and preparing for a siege of federal Chastity Enforcement agents.

I'm also not worried about Piers Morgan or the ghost of Ed Koch coming for my guns.
Feb. 5, 2013, 11:18 am
Chicken Underwear from Park Slope says:
and are you really citing Escapist Magazine. It is not a scientific poll.

This

is not a poll. Now 15% say only law enforcement should have guns but 11% say we should be allowed to have any gun we want.

If I had some time to kill I could change those numbers from my phone.
Feb. 5, 2013, 8:15 pm
Chicken Underwear from Park Slope says:
Stan

It is not just that you are not ready for the internet. I don't think you should be allowed to discuss survey data.
Feb. 5, 2013, 8:16 pm
Chicken Underwear from Park Slope says:
Here.. I looked up "take your gun away" on Google

Feb. 6, 2013, 5:06 am
Other Michael from Park Slope says:
Maybe the title of this column should have been "Stan fires blanks and reasonable people."
Feb. 8, 2013, 7:16 am
Chicken Underwear from Park Slope says:
My comments were really deleted?

Really?

Did I violate a policy?

Why do you allow comments at all?
Feb. 12, 2013, 4:26 pm
Chicken Underwear from Park Slope says:
and now they are back

but Stan, did you read them?
Feb. 13, 2013, 4:49 pm