Courier Life’s

Canarsie killing

Execution in Canarsie

Get our stories in your inbox, free.

Like Brooklyn Daily on Facebook.

A cold-hearted goon murdered a man — execution style — on a Canarsie sidewalk in the pre-dawn hours on Wednesday, according to police.

The body of Dennis Hamer, 18, was found sprawled across the pavement beside Flatlands Fourth Street near E. 108th Street at 6:15 am, bleeding from a single gunshot wound to his head.

A single bullet casing was found at the scene, on the sidewalk not far from Hamer’s lifeless feet, sources at the scene confirmed.

Hamer’s record included a string of marijuana possession charges and a recent, unresolved attempted burglary charge from earlier this month, according to the district attorney’s office.

Reach reporter Colin Mixson at cmixson@cnglocal.com or by calling (718) 260-4514.

Get our stories in your inbox, free.

Like Brooklyn Daily on Facebook.

lamont martin from clinton hill says:
That Wass My Broo
Feb. 24, 2013, 6:44 pm
honey says:
They killed my baby . I hope the one,responsible pays . Dennis is a legend . Im screamin #ForeverDennis to the death of me
Feb. 24, 2013, 9:59 pm
Pooka says:
I am deeply saddened by this. He was my son's friend. No parent should have to bury their child. I hope the conscience of the person or persons responsible for taking Dennis from us, drives them to a confession....This is a case where the death penalty need be in New York. Whoever you are that did this, YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A COWARD. I am so angry right now.
Feb. 26, 2013, 12:01 pm
Anya from Midwood says:
I find it absolutely disgusting that your newspaper printed a picture of a young man's dead body. This is absolutely shameful and obviously designed to shock your readers. You succeeded. I am shocked at your lack of moral sensitivity and complete lack of journalistic standards and though I was a weekly reader of your newspaper, I will not be a reader any longer. Additionally, I will be sharing this information with others and encouraging them to discontinue their support for your various publications. I hope you have apologized to the family of this young man for your inexcusable lack of taste.
March 5, 2013, 1:37 pm
Peter Roll from East New York says:
—— That Lil —— !
April 6, 2013, 10:01 pm
#BlockGang Poppa from Clinton(Block) Hillz says:
That was more then a Brother and —— took em away . I cant say much bxuz im Heart Broken but its #ForeverBlock on my side of town .. #730BlockGang We Miss You Dennis Like Yurrrrrr
May 3, 2013, 5:15 pm
Rob jackson from Fort Greene says:
Stop acting like he was a good kid he was wild and out of control it was only a matter of time before he ran into the right one. And look at the end result dead body posted publicly for the world to see. It should be a lesson to all the young wanna be "gangsters" don't sleep on the streets. When you doing to much you never know who radar you under. Nobody is untouchable.
Dec. 21, 2013, 4:09 pm
Sho Nuff from Mill Basin says:
I love when they kill each other
April 19, 2014, 10:53 pm
from bk says:
@rob Jackson .....I was waiting for this to be said for so long.
Aug. 5, 2014, 10:15 pm
RIP BLOCK from Clinton hillz says:
SMD @Sho Nuff SMFD @Rob Jackson
Jan. 9, 4:04 pm
$pazz LoC RIP D BLOCC from Clinton hills says:
RIP my —— D BLOCC fucc all dat other —— No matter how long it take I got Chu bro 730 BLOCC GANG
March 20, 5:59 pm