Pistol packing hamburglar

Share on TwitterTweet
Share on Facebook

Get our stories in your inbox, free.

Like Brooklyn Daily on Facebook.

A 41-year-old man was arrested last week after he tried to stick-up the McDonalds on Fourth Avenue near First Street.

Officials said that Neb Morrow stormed into the eatery at 9 p.m. on October 13, pulled a gun and ordered a manager to open the register.

“Do you think I’m playing?” he asked, according to court papers. “Do you see the f--king gun in my hand?”

Morrow allegedly fled the restaurant with $1500 but was quickly apprehended by two plain clothes officers who took him into custody following a brief struggle.

Cops recovered the gun and the money, charging the 41-year-old with robbery and criminal possession of a weapon.

No injuries were reported.

Two burglaries were investigated last week in which air conditioners were removed to make entrances.

Officials said that someone entered an apartment on 12th Street near Prospect Park West on the afternoon of October 11 after removing an air conditioner sticking out of a window, and crawled into the open space he had just made.

The thief ran off -- this time through the front door -- with a back pack filled with $2800 in property that included a laptop computer, an iPod and some jewelry.

Two days later, a 15-year-old boy was arrested for breaking into a fourth floor apartment on Fifth Avenue near Berkeley Place.

Police said that once again an air conditioner was “pushed out of the way” so the thief could squeeze inside and raid the place.

The thief ran off with an iPod, a diamond ring, a gold chain, a Wii game and a computer, but was apprehended a short time later, officials said.

Cops were reportedly trying to connect the 15-year-old to the first theft as this paper went to press.

There were a lot of hurt feelings at the aptly titled Emotion Distribution Corporation on Sixth Street near Third Avenue last week after a thief made off with four gold necklaces and an AM/FM radio kept in an office.

Workers told police that the business was closed at 8 p.m. on October 13. At 7:30 a.m. the following day, they found their security gate open half way. The alarm and motion sensors were cut, they said.

A patron at the Ocean Eleven pool hall on Flatbush Avenue near Park Place was spritzed in the face with a noxious chemical during a brawl with a braided woman, officials said.

The victim said that she was setting up shots in the hall at 1:50 a.m. on October 13 when she got into an argument with the woman.

The stranger, described as a black woman in her early twenties, sprayed the 19-year-old in the face and ran off, leaving the victim’s eyes stinging and swollen.

Cops were still looking for the assailant as this paper went to press.

A credit card swiped from a patron at Daisy’s Diner was used on a shopping spree along Fifth Avenue, officials said.

A 34-year-old contacted his credit card company at 2 a.m. on October 16 claiming that his wallet and card were stolen as he ate at the diner, located at Fifth Avenue near Ninth Street.

The credit company tracked expenses on the card, and found that it had been used to make two purchases at two stores along Fifth Avenue, one for $101, the other for $207.

Cops called to the scene went to the next possible store the thieves would have gone to and found 21-year-old Yousef Althaiboni and 41-year-old Sulton Althaiboni, who is believed to be the younger man’s father.

The two had the credit card, as well as a baseball ticket stub that the victim had in his wallet, officials said.

The duo was charged with grand larceny, officials said.

Most straphangers are pretty excited when the elusive G train arrives at the Smith/9th Street station.

But it seems that some people get more aroused than others, police learned last week.

Officials said that a 28-year-old man was arrested for public lewdness when he was allegedly found pleasuring himself on the station platform at 10:30 a.m. on October 9.

Police called to the station found suspect Carlos Rivera “naked with an erect penis,” according to a report filed with the 76th Precinct.

A transit officer %u2013 a female cop, no less -- was charged with ordering Rivera to corral his composure and surrender to authorities, police said.

Cops are investigating a complaint that a former disgruntled employee of a 12th Street business lined his own golden parachute.

Officials said that the employee somehow managed to get his hands on a number of business checks, put his name on them and deposit them into his own account.

It’s believed that the former employee bilked the company of $9,000 before the fraud was discovered, officials said.

A thief snipped the locks to Park Slope Seafood, 215 Seventh Avenue, last Sunday night, taking $400 in receipts.

Police were told that workers had closed for business and had rolled down the security gates before leaving for the night at 8 p.m. on October 4.

At 8 a.m. the following morning, workers discovered that someone cut the locks to the security gate, rolled it back up and went inside.

Workers found the cash registers forced open and empty.

The break-in at Park Slope Seafood was one of three commercial burglaries where thieves entered by cutting the locks holding roll-down security gates in place.

Officials said that someone snipped the locks to the front of Amigos Deli and Grocery, 453 Third Avenue near Ninth Street sometime between 10 p.m. on October 7 and 7 a.m. the following morning.

Thieves removed the store’s Lotto machine, 25 cartons of cigarettes, a $500 cash register, and $400 in receipts.

The following night, someone broke into Lin’s Garden, 175 Fourth Avenue at Degraw Street, using the same mode of entry.

About $50 in receipts were taken, workers said.

Cops are asking anyone with information to come forward.

Calls can be made to the 78th Precinct at (718) 636-6411. All calls will be kept confidential.

Police are trying to track down the thief who raided an Eighth Avenue home last week, but left the apartment lights on so the tenant would know something was wrong.

The 34-year-old victim told police she was instantly concerned when she returned to her home near Ninth Street at 2 a.m. on October 11 and found her lights on.

When she went to investigate, she discovered that someone had crept in through the bedroom window, removing a Dell computer, an iPod, a Canon camera and $106.

Today’s news:
Share on TwitterTweet
Share on Facebook

Get our stories in your inbox, free.

Like Brooklyn Daily on Facebook.

Reader Feedback

Enter your comment below

By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:

You agree that you, and not or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.

Community News Group

Don’t miss out!

Stay in touch with the stories people are talking about in your neighborhood:

Optional: Help us tailor our newsletters to you!