Here are some more random thoughts from the scraps of paper in the pockets of my jackets:
• In many countries, there are children who go to bed hungry. In the U.S.A. there are those who tell us how unhealthy our couch-potato overweight youngsters are. Maybe we should start listening to them.
• Another bumper sticker to think about: “Only good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns.”
• There were many articles about the law that permits blind people in Iowa to own guns. The instant the news broke there were cheers of “Hooray!” coming from the deer, pheasants, and wild turkeys all over the Hawkeye State.
• Former Screen Actors Guild president Ed Asner is one of the best-known performers who led the charge of Hollywood support for the election and re-election of Barack Obama. Last week he was asked if he is disappointed with the president’s performance. After responding “Yes,” he was asked, “On a scale of one to 10 with 10 being the most disappointment, how would you rate your disappointment?” It took him no time to respond with a “Seven.”
• From another supporter, Phil Donahue: “Barack Obama has broken my heart. The Bill of Rights is being crushed.”
• In the final tally, Anthony Weiner came in fifth with five-percent of the vote. The next morning, the big question on Court Street was, “How the heck did he get 31,000 people to vote for him?”
• Headline: “The Pelosi Doctrine: We have to enter Syria’s civil war to find out what’s in it.” I wish I said that first.
• Is Obama a warmonger or a wimp? We don’t know yet. What we do know is that we could be spending a lot of money we don’t have and lose a lot of great young American patriots in a war where both sides hate us.
• I will be a loyal customer to the first steakhouse that serves me dental floss instead of those useless toothpicks.
• One of the most well-known charities in this country is the March of Dimes. Did you know that the CharityNav
• The sounds of motorcycles are more than just annoying. I find those nerve racking blares irritating, exasperating, and infuriating. I changed my mind this past Sept. 11. The sounds from those bikers revving up their engines in Washington at the right moments were symphonies to those of us who appreciate their patriotism.
• To my friends who reside in Las Vegas, your state is now at the top of the list in foreclosure filings. Congratulations. The Silver State has the distinction of running past Florida for the top honor.
I am StanGershb
©2013 Community News Group
By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:
You agree that you, and not BrooklynDaily.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to BrooklynDaily.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.