Police: Man slaps niece, steals her cellphone

Brooklyn Daily
Share on TwitterTweet
Share on Facebook

Don’t miss our updates:

62nd Precinct

Bensonhurst—Bath Beach

Hold the phone

A man slapped his niece across her face as she was talking on her cellphone on 85th Street on Aug. 15, then stole the phone and fled on foot, police said.

The assault and theft, which took place around 9:30 pm between 20th and 21st avenues, began when the lout demanded his niece hand her phone over and began to slap her when she refused, according to the authorities’ report. He then grabbed the phone and fled towards 20th Avenue. Police recovered neither the abusive uncle nor the phone.

Keyed up

A crook assaulted a man and stole his wallet and keys as he walked home on 19th Avenue on Aug. 16.

The man was near 70th Street around 12:30 am when the miscreant grabbed him from behind. The attacker put him in a chokehold before reaching into his back pocket to steal his wallet and keys, police said. He then fled on foot towards Bay Ridge Avenue. Police plan to review security cameras in the area.

One-two-three punch

Three men were arrested after they rushed a man from behind, punched him in the head and stole his cellphone on 21st Avenue on Aug. 17.

The victim was near 67th Street around 11:30 pm when police say his attackers pounced. The trio fled on foot, but cops apprehended them and recovered the cellphone soon after, according to a police report.

Driving ‘round the bend

Cops busted a man who they say stole a car and was caught in a lie when he was pulled over for a traffic stop on 81st Street on Aug. 14.

Police initially stopped the vehicle between 14th and 15th avenues at 10:30 pm for having his high beams on and obstructing the vision of other drivers, according to investigators.

The suspect did not produce a driver’s license, officers said, then claimed the car belonged to his father before changing his story to insist he bought the car from a stranger for $50. After tracking down the rightful owner, police determined that the car was stolen from the same 81st Street address where the perp was pulled over. The car’s owner told cops he had left a spare key in the glove compartment, but did not remember if he had left the car unlocked.

— Julianne McShane

Posted 12:00 am, August 23, 2017
Today’s news:
Share on TwitterTweet
Share on Facebook

Don’t miss our updates:

Reader feedback

Enter your comment below

By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:

You agree that you, and not or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.

Community News Group

Don’t miss out!

Stay in touch with the stories people are talking about in your neighborhood:

Optional: Help us tailor our newsletters to you!